A Healthy, Drool-worthy Treat To Share With Your Pooch!
Sweet potatoes make an excellent snack for your pooch as they are packed with nutrition and are super tasty too! Sweet potatoes are a great source of Beta-carotene, Manganese and Vitamins A and B! They benefit your pooch’s coat, immune system and digestion. There are many ways you can serve this Superfood to your pooch, one popular way is to make bake them for some crunch!
Here is a super simple recipe for Baked Sweet Potato Fries, that both you and your pooch to enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C
- Wash and peel the sweet potato
- Cut the sweet potato into evenly sized long skinny (fry shaped) pieces
- Coat with oil and spices by mixing in a large bowl or Ziploc bag
- Place fries on baking paper, separated
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Flip over fries for even baking
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes
- Let cool before enjoying!
And if you're wanting an even quicker sweet potato treat for your pooch, then we recommend SavourLife's Sweet Potato Chews! They're made with 100% Australian sweet potato and air-dried to perfection using coconut oil - but sorry Mum and Dad these ones are just for the pups! Available in-store and online.