These green and gold themed homemade frozen dog treats are the paw-fect way to spoil your pup this Australia Day! Better yet they will keep your canine cool in the Australian heat.
- Low-fat Plain Yoghurt
- "Natural" Food Colouring (Optional)
- Mash together banana with some low-fat plain yoghurt (make sure you choose yoghurts that don’t contain artificial sweeteners or added sugars) and add 2 drops of yellow Natural food colouring (Avoid using Chemical-based food colouring, Only use “Natural” food colouring, this type is safe for your dog to consume – if it doesn’t say “natural” then it is chemical-based!)
- Half fill your pop up portable dog bowl with the mashed banana mixture then place in the freezer until frozen.
- Place some apple slices in water and colour with 2 drops of green Natural food colouring. Mix together.
- Add the apple slices mixture on top of your frozen mashed banana mixture and place back in the freezer until completely frozen.
- Pop out your frozen Aussie dog treat and let your pooch enjoy while the humans are indulging in BBQ’s and Pavlova!
Have a barktastic Australia Day and stay cool!
Licks and Sniffs,