- 1/4 cup of raw carob powder
- 1/4 cup of flax seeds, ground
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 pitted medjool dates
- 4 tablespoons of water
- If you have whole flax seeds, you will need to ground them. To ground them you can either use a coffee grinder or a mortar and pestle. The coffee grinder should only take 10-15 seconds to get the seeds refined to a small, evenly ground meal. Although the mortar and pestle isn’t the easiest option, it will give you the best results. Pour your flaxseeds into the mortar, and use a combination of bashing and muddling to grind them finely.
- Throw all the ingredients into a hand processor or food processor and pulse until just combined.
- Remove the blade safely and scoop out a tablespoon of mixture at a time into your hand and roll them into balls.
- Roll the balls into the shredded coconut.
- Serve and enjoy!